Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Seeing the words drill and tap makes me quiver due the fact that my Python had a Bushnell scope on it at one point. I say nope to the hammer shroud if it required a drill and tap to install. Unless it came from the factory that way or was sent to Colt to have done.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We had many requests for shroud installations.
The factory shroud kit had the drill, tap, transfer punch and instructions.
The backstrap screw was easily drilled and tapped as we could angle the vise on the drill press table to the proper point.
The two on the side of the frame couldd either be done with blind bottom, or drilled through.
Saw plenty that had been done by 'bubba' gunsmitsh without proper equipment and knowledge as to how to use it if available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The backstrap screw was easily drilled and tapped as we could angle the vise on the drill press table to the proper point.
The two on the side of the frame couldd either be done with blind bottom, or drilled through.
I have an unfired 1966 Cobra with the shroud installed at the factory. Do you know the details of how Colt installed/drilled them? (I'm not going to risk buggering the screws on mine to find out)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.