Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Colt snubbies, both with "factory" shrouds, which are obviously different. Are both of these shrouds "factory" issued? Thanks.

Shrouds

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
A1A,our "archivist",can probably point you to the thread in which this was talked about. There is a place,N.H. I think, that makes and sells a non factory hammer shroud currently,and has for a while.

Bud

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Go to www.wallerandson.com They are in Sunapee,NH(not that far from where I live in Maine,so thats why it rang a bell). Cost is $40 or so mailed!

What I can't tell from the photos,is if the ones they make are allowed to have the "colt pony" on it,as it is a trademark??

Hope this helps,and maybe Colt changed the design/pony location over the years.

Bud

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Oh, the pressure. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The only post I could find pretty much just identified the Waller source. There is always a DS or Cobra with a shroud on auction until you need one. Dug up a closed one with a claimed factory shroud with no stamp on the left side, right side not shown.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displa...0shroud,unfired The only shroud photo I spotted in TBOCF also appeared to have no stamp on the left side, right side not shown. The stamp in your left photo at least looks reasonable, the one on the right is a little odd. JMHO Watch the auctions. There was an auction a while back with a claimed NIB with shroud. Perhaps it was on GB. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
265 Posts
Years ago, I was given two factory shrouds that came off old department guns. Both were blue and both had the colt on the left side. I had one polished so that it would look better (to me) on my Magnum Carry. Unfortunately, polishing removed the colt.

The other shroud has disappeared.

John

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I would like to buy an original shroud with the rampant colt logo if anyone has one lying around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts