Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some prodding from a few clients here at the Colt Forum (and S&W Forum members too!) I decided to introduce myself. I have been a Colt collector for over 30 years, and crafted custom gunleather for longer than that. It became a second job while I was a policeman...although some of my superiors at the time thought it was the other way around! I learned the craft from my old friend Chic Gaylord and acquired all of his tooling, dies and intellectual properties when he ceased production. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and offer my two cents. I will be happy to chat with any member who has questions or would like to talk about them. Cheers!
B.E. (Lefty) Lewis - Bell Charter Oak Custom Holsters

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well how you doing, Lefty! Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining.

In 30 years of collecting you probably have had some pretty decent guns pass through your hands. Maybe you can tell us a little about them when you get a chance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind welcome. It's true many of them have come and some have gone. I can say that it is doubtful that there hasn't been a solid frame, swing out cylinder Colt of standard production, I have not owned. Most of the Colt Autos, with 1 or 2 exceptions too. Anyway....we all suffer from the same disease. Thanks again for the welcome!
Lefty

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Lefty. Perhaps you could post some pictures of your work for us to drool over. Do you specialize in custom fitted work holsters, the hand carved decorative work, or both?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts