Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my friend's 1860 Army that was issued and carried by his G,G,Grandfather in a nice shadow box his wife had done for him. I cleaned the gun a little, fashioned a hand spring and got it working again. There is a picture of his relative and another with his staff. The shadow box really sets it off I think.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wow, what a class act...
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey Reddogge-------do you know how it is affixed to the back of the shadow box -that is great looking ------but how is it attached????

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Very good example of how to display a piece of that family's history. This way you can be assured that this memory has been properly preserved for future generations!

Well done!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Reddogge-------do you know how it is affixed to the back of the shadow box -that is great looking ------but how is it attached????

[/ QUOTE ]

I see a plexi rod down by the loading lever opening and another small shelf supporting the loading lever and barrel. That's all I see so far. She spent a small fortune having it done though.

The rest of the story is he told me in a casual conversation a couple of years ago he going to take it to to a local gunsmith to be totally refinished. I talked him out of that and into letting me clean the surface rust off of it and fix the hand and get it working again. We all are lucky this one escaped refinishing purgatory and came dangerously close to looking like a Uberti.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Awesome Colt, display and history! Happy to hear you saved it from being ruined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts