Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt Junior .25ACP (technically a Colt Automatic, Caliber .25) that has a trigger pin (as far as I can tell from exploded diagrams) sticking out of it. Now, I'm not mechanically inclined at all and pretty much all I can do is a basic field strip, so I don't know what I did to cause this or what I should do to fix it. Any suggestions?

I added a couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,616 Posts
It could be an undersized pin that's just too loose and just worked it's self out.

You can try to gently tap it back in with a small hammer. If it's resistant to GENTLE tapping something internally may be out of position, probably the trigger.
One help would be to slip a smaller pin made from a nail or piece of drill rod in from the other side and align the trigger using that pin.
Then tap in the trigger pin and it will push out the "slave pin" you inserted from the other side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be an undersized pin that's just too loose and just worked it's self out.

You can try to gently tap it back in with a small hammer. If it's resistant to GENTLE tapping something internally may be out of position, probably the trigger.
One help would be to slip a smaller pin made from a nail or piece of drill rod in from the other side and align the trigger using that pin.
Then tap in the trigger pin and it will push out the "slave pin" you inserted from the other side.

I used the slave pin method and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts