Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and my first Colt revolver. Great forum you all have here by the way.<br><br>I am having research problems when it comes to value. I attached a few pictures. Maybe a few of you could help? Its a King Cobra 2 1/2" bbl. Stainless, KV suffix. I do not have the box, but there are no blemishes, scratches. Looks beautiful. I would say 98%. I know its not the "cream of the crop" from the research I have done, but it feels great and seems like a keeper.<br><br>Another question I have is when I look for the for prices on these things, the shorter barrel always seems more pricey, but I can't find many comps for a this KC 2.5", just the longer versions. 4", 6", ect. Any rough numbers or ranges you could through out?<br><br>Also, that brings me back to my last question, why is that that snub nose versions generally go for more than longer, I know this isn't always the case, but as a general rule, it seems snubs demand a premium in todays market, were less produced? Or is due to conceal carry preference?<br><br>Thanks all!<br><br>
<br><br>

·
Registered
251 Posts
nice King Cobra you've got there. I've got a 4" stainless in about the same condition that I paid $850 for about a year ago. And a 2 1/2" blued (finish not so good) that I paid $600 about a little after I got my 4". Not sure if that helps you, but you've got a good gun. I"m sure somebody will come along with way more knowledge than I have.

Might help if you posted a pic showing the whole gun....... here's a pic of my 2 King Cobra's

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Tim! GREAT info. The other pick I have is slightly grainy (I-phone quality) but it shows the whole revolver. Definitely sounds a lot like your 4".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great gun! Yes the short barrels are more desired for Concealed carry, and the fact that there were less of them made drive the price up. A king cobra is next on my list.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
A "quick Way of getting a real time idea of value is to go to Gunbroker and key up "Completed Auctions" for the King Cobra.Enjoy your Snake gun.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the tips you guys. I really hated coming here and making a "what is my Colt worth post" as I realize that is a pet peeve of many. But I do appreciate the positive candor and pointing me in the right direction. I registered for a Gun Broker account and look for completed auctions. I did check current items and there were a couple for sale so I tagged those to watch as well. I after my own research, it doesn't appear that 1500-1600 would be a bad number to place on it. Hopefully I am not too far off. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts