Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to purchase this Colt Officers Model 38, modified by King gunsight of San Francisco back in the late 30’s. The revolver also is wearing a pair of Walter Roper thumb test target grips. The hammer is a skeletonised, wide spur by King. The trigger has a wide trigger shoe attached. The action has been smoothed and it features King’s short action. The revolver would have been too of the line for any pre war bullseye shooter. Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was able to purchase this Colt Officers Model 38, modified by King gunsight of San Francisco back in the late 30’s. The revolver also is wearing a pair of Walter Roper thumb test target grips. The hammer is a skeletonised, wide spur by King. The trigger has a wide trigger shoe attached. The action has been smoothed and it features King’s short action. The revolver would have been too of the line for any pre war bullseye shooter. Bill
That is very cool, Bill. I have never seen a skeletonized hammer like,that before.
Larry

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
Very nice, I’ve seen that hammer a couple times. I used to remember who sold them but can’t now. Roper also offered a trigger and hammer which few ever talk about.

Reactions: bracebeemer
1 - 9 of 9 Posts