Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get my hands on a colt kit gun made back in the sixties. I do not know the builder and it looks fairly plain. It's a 45 with the correct serial # ending with a "B" and has kit stamped on the slide and barrel. I know the builder has everything to do with it's value but if it's just a unknown smith that built it, what would it's value be. Asking price is $1200. Are these rare kit guns worth that if the builder is unknown? Thanks

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Since Colt only produced 1064 45ACP Kit pistols they are a pretty scarce commodity. Unless it's a nightmare condition wise, $1200 sounds quite reasonable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since Colt only produced 1064 45ACP Kit pistols they are a pretty scarce commodity. Unless it's a nightmare condition wise, $1200 sounds quite reasonable.
I read that about the serial #'s and find it strange that this gun is serial 013XXB. 250 past the 1064 number.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
My personal opinion would be that the top dollar goes to one found in the box in un-built condition. There is a member on the Forum who has one thats un-built in the original box. There is a recent thread on that one.
If you can post pic's, I would love to see it. They are not encountered very often. As I said, if it was offered to me at $1200 and in nice condition I would jump all over it.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Well I agree that is a very fair price....I paid more for my 45 KIT assembled by Giles....and was happy to get it.....RR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the deal done for $1300. I took it apart and see no signs of a builders mark. Nice tight gun with a great trigger. I have pics and tried to post but couldn't find them after I uploaded. Rear sight is a BO-MAR.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
If you want I can post the pic's for you. Send the pic's in a email to: [email protected]

Clark marked his builds on the bottom of the slide by stamping the last 3 digits of the serial# and also stamping the date of the build.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Haven't received anything yet. I sent you a PM a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Pic's of Forum Member winchester1894's Colt .45ACP Kit

Here is the O.P.'s pistol. I'm posting on his behalf:

IMG_1586.JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1590.JPG IMG_1591.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts