Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the forums general opinion of these as a casual shooter? It would not be fed max loads, but I would like to plink with it and keep it under my pillow.What should I pay for a 4 inch nickel in real nice condition?Thanks

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
kidcolt, the Lawman Mk III is an excellent, heavy duty revolver, with fixed sights, not the top of the line. They always look and shoot great. I doubt you can wear one out in your lifetime.

I would expect a nice 4" (less expensive than the 2") to go for around $600-$800. No doubt, some sellers will want more than that.

Like the other double action Colt revolvers, the Lawman MK III series is rapidly increasing in price. Why? Colt double action revolvers are no longer in production and are unlikely (my opinion only) to ever go back into production. They are high quality guns, both internally and externally, and they do exactly that which they are designed to do, and do it with class and style.

The Colts that seem to be appreciating the most rapidly are the Colt 357 and the Colt Trooper 357, the severely (Again, just my opinion) overpriced Pythons, as well as Cobras and Detective Specials, specially the pre-war Detective Specials.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Ditto with what Collects says + the MKIII was one of the strongest .357's ever made. It can digest magnum loads all day long and is a sleeper...

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Nickel ones are going for $150 -200 more than blue, and as with all Colts ,increasing rapidly. They are as strong or stronger than an S& L frame, will stand up to magnum loads forever. For home defense ,a 158 38 lhp will be fine. The Buffalo Bore will leave a 4 inch barrel at over 1150 fps .The last of the Colt best buys. I have 2 4 inch blue versions and a 2 inch blue. great revolvers. With wolff springs they get lighter and smoother. My favorite 4 inch revolver is probably a 4 inch lawman

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is on its way to my dealer. Lawman 4 inch nickel, unfired, $640 out the door.Yes I am excited.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Sounds great! Excellent gun at a reasonable price. Whats NOT to like? I'll just echo what others have said. The MK III is BRUTE strong and will last almost forever unless abused. One of my favorite guns is an old Metropolitan MK III. If you dry fire the gun, ALWAYS use snap caps, as the firing pin can be damaged. And it's a "factory only" repair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just came across one of these at a great price and was stoked to bring it home. I can't wait to put a few rounds through it. Makes a nice compliment to my Python.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts