Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help/opinions quick. I have been hunting for a Police Positive for some time but today I ran across a Colt Lawman MK III for $225. Has holster wear and Pachmayr Grips. Timing and lock up look great. Looks like it was carried a lot and shot a little.
My question is would this be a good shooter and is $225 ( pre haggle price) a good deal?
I ask because I know little about Colt revolvers and nothing about the Lawman MK III.
Any advice & opinions much appreciated.
If it’s still on the shelf tomorrow I might buy it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They are fine, sturdy pistols and at that price, it is definitely a buy. It is not an exotic and does not have a smooth as glass trigger but it will do everything a Police Positive will do. CC

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply.
A good .357 for $225 how can I go wrong? Good point!
I will buy it tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the Lawman MK III today for $200. Couldn’t bring it home because the phone background check system was down. I can’t wait to take the old Colt to the range and see how it shoots.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You never mentioned if it was 4" or 2" There is a photo of a real nice nickel 2" (thanks to proco)in the thread "How about a thread of just PICTURES?"

All the 4" Lawman MKIII's had an exposed ejector rod. However the 2" versions came in both exposed and shrouded versions.

The 4" Lawmans came with either a large target stocks (like the Trooper MKIII) or a smaller service stock.

The 2" also had a rounded butt which was unique to this model in this barrel length and had its own specific set of stocks.

The Lawman MKIII was basically a fixed sight version of the Trooper MKIII. So no matter what barrel length you got, these are stout little guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts