Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings , can someone refer me to where i will be able to purchase a colt layard swivels for colt .357 that i am restoring.please post a reply or email me direct . many thanks roj

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
By "Colt 357" do you mean the model built in the early 1950s on the Officers Model Frame,or the pre-war & much larger New Service? Factory installed layard rings are very rare after 1945,and even many of the later New Services lacked them. This must be a very interesting revolver. Laynard rings can be found on eBay,but tend to run around $25.00. Good luck. Bud

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes this is a colt .357 before they were incorporated into the trooper line made for the florida highway patrol with a factory chrome plate and 5 inch barrel and a missing layard ring / swivel. a very unusal colt, next i have to locate a orginal set of wood grips

·
Registered
86 Posts
RJ- I too have a 357 Colt from the Florida Highway Patrol. Mine is nickle plated ( I don't believe 357's were chromed).Neither mine nor another I saw had the lanyard ring. One of ours is an interesting variation. I also have a bright stainless 4" Python that replaced the nickle 357's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.