Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings , can someone refer me to where i will be able to purchase a colt layard swivels for colt .357 that i am restoring.please post a reply or email me direct . many thanks roj

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,900 Posts
Gun Parts Corporation has new, replacement swivels. Possibly, they may still have some originals too, but you'd have to contact them for an answer.

Go to their site and look under the Colt 1917
section for the swivels.
http://www.e-gunparts.com

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
By "Colt 357" do you mean the model built in the early 1950s on the Officers Model Frame,or the pre-war & much larger New Service? Factory installed layard rings are very rare after 1945,and even many of the later New Services lacked them. This must be a very interesting revolver. Laynard rings can be found on eBay,but tend to run around $25.00. Good luck. Bud

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes this is a colt .357 before they were incorporated into the trooper line made for the florida highway patrol with a factory chrome plate and 5 inch barrel and a missing layard ring / swivel. a very unusal colt, next i have to locate a orginal set of wood grips

·
Registered
70 Posts
RJ- I too have a 357 Colt from the Florida Highway Patrol. Mine is nickle plated ( I don't believe 357's were chromed).Neither mine nor another I saw had the lanyard ring. One of ours is an interesting variation. I also have a bright stainless 4" Python that replaced the nickle 357's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts