Colt Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My first AR was a S&W Sport, which I still have and really like. However, had to have a Colt - so here's my LE6920MP-B (paid $879 at GaG last Fall):

·
Registered
5 Posts
^^^ A beauty for sure ^^^

What does "run wet" mean when speaking of lubrication? I understand that less is better for most firearms, I am having visual confusion when thinking "wet".

I know this is a simple question, but can "wet" ever be too wet?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
What does "run wet" mean when speaking of lubrication? I understand that less is better for most firearms, I am having visual confusion when thinking "wet".

I know this is a simple question, but can "wet" ever be too wet?
Wet condition just means generously lubed, you could spread the lube with your finger, the opposite is lightly lubed which are a lube film are barely visible to the eye.

For me too wet is dripping wet.

Here's some info on lubricating AR-15.

AR15 LUBE POINTS - AR15.COM

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the generous information about the AR. I feel much more comfortable about my purchase, and all of the information about cleaning the gun, the ammo to use, and so on.. such a wealth of information.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,616 Posts
It's not really possible to over lubricate the AR rifle.
The design is such that any excess lube is simply blown out and the rifle continues to operate with the amount of lube it needs.

"How much lube" is difficult to advise on, so just put on the amount YOU consider to be "wet".

·
Registered
5 Posts
My first AR was a S&W Sport, which I still have and really like. However, had to have a Colt - so here's my LE6920MP-B (paid $879 at GaG last Fall):

I am an AR newbie.... Just got one 6929 MP-B and love it. I love the price YOU paid better than mine.

It's a beauty for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Being a retired Marine 2111 I have 20 years worth of confidence in Colt Rifles. I've had others, but still love the Colts. I have my 6920 as hopped up as it will ever likely be. Just need a sling to finish it.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I got a 6920 New a few years ago for right at $1000. I have shot approx. 500 rounds through it. I tried a lot of different ammo. It has Never jammed with Any ammo.
At 50 yards I have shot under an inch group with the stock peep sight.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ziggidy, Don't get me wrong in my other posts, I love my Colt rifles and pistols and judge my other rifles by the quality of the Colt. Normally when I go shooting at least one Colt AR and 1911 is in the pick up, although my S&W Sport is usually there too don't know why but I love shooting that Smith. I often travel to Texas and spend a month or so with a buddy hunting wild hogs and other "guy" stuff, along with me and my Westie "Maddie" is my favorite Colt 6920 with a Bushnell TRS 25 red dot in 223 and a Handi rifle in 300 blackout. Both rifles have taken more than their share of hogs and normally with a single shot of 55 gr FMJ in the 223 and 125 gr HP in blackout is all that is needed to put them down for good. The Blackout put a 350+ boar down on my last trip, fortunately one shot did it as the Handi is very limited in capacity (1), the AR is more fun when a large group of the critters is encountered. So my point is you have a top notch piece of equipment, keep it dripping with oil and use it often, this is an excellent time to get 5 - 10 thousand rounds on the shelf for shooting fun and not worry through the next ammo shortage. Happy shooting! Next maybe a 9mm Colt for home defense or a 6720 for a light weight carry all day rifle or ???

21 - 32 of 32 Posts