Colt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very welcome JR, I got mine in yesterday and dropped my 7.62x39 upper into the LE 901 lower and it ran perfect. didn't get to try my 300 Blackout cause temporally out of funds and ammo, got a pot load of 7.62x39 though. I have 2 of those wooden crates with two tins each, I think it is 2880 rounds. those liquored rounds used to gum up my Colt upper but the M4 upper I use now does not have that issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine just came in a plastic bag with a business card sized card taped to the bag with the part number but a little colt sized booklet inside with the same directions yours has printed on the back.

Mike

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
WOW, I initially thought the adapter would come with my rifle but apparently not.... but another $300 for an adapter that should have been include on a $2000+ rifle is ridiculous. JMHO

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
One way is to buy a new LE901-16SE...they come with the conversion kit in the box. Outside of that, about all you can do is find someone who has the rifle but doesn't need the conversion kit. Post it on the "Want to Buy" area of the Forum.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
I bought a new LE901-16SE just a few months ago - no conversion kit included...

Your rifle could be an older one shipped without the conversion kit or just as likely, an unscrupulous retailer who took the kit out to sell separately.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I just purchased my 901 SE and no block either. Now after paying 1800 bucks have to decide whether to throw down another 300 on the conversion kit. Would really like to get one , but prefer to purchase some pmags and optics first. Email, sent to,stacking908.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
While there's really no reason not to want the conversion kit, it's difficult from my perspective to pay out an extra $300 for the kit, then buy a M4 upper when I could simply buy a complete M4 and have the best of both.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
While there's really no reason not to want the conversion kit, it's difficult from my perspective to pay out an extra $300 for the kit, then buy a M4 upper when I could simply buy a complete M4 and have the best of both.
I quite agree with your view. I have several other ARs so I am don't have to have the kit. But it would be a novelty to have it giving me some flexibility to maybe add an upper I don't have like a .300 or maybe even a short barrel....not sure how that would work but might be interesting just for grins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts