Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A .308 Modular carbine with the conversion kit.

A guy I know is selling his. Its BNIB with the entire package. It hasnt been out of the box since he purchased it.

What do you think its worth? I will tell you his asking price after I get some feedback.

There are two examples on GB right now.

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
I used to see them at gun shows for roughly $1600 but that was before they're discontinued. I have a 901SE which is a somewhat different configuration. I really don't know what the going rate might be right now.

The 901 series are great rifles. I ran a side-by-side test of mine with an Armalite AR-10...accuracy...felt recoil...balance...etc. Overall the Colt was a superior rifle but not twice the price superior. While generic AR-15 parts are usually interchangeable the LE series (and other make 7.62 AR rifles) are often proprietary.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The original LE901 is the one to get! I own both the old and new configurations. Wish my Colt 6.5 Creedmoor was not the new cheaper to manufacturer configuration. :) That is all I can say about that. :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the differences in models? Also, what is the difference between new and old configurations? This one is a 16S. Manufactured in 2013. Came with the conversion kit and maybe they all did; I do not know.
The two 16S models listed on GB are $4800 and $5000. No bids though. Id like to know past sales. I forgot my GB password.
The guy I know will not sell it for much less than $3000. It is 100% new. Has not came out of box since he bought it.
I know there was one sold here about a year ago for a little less than $2000.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
3k is the going rate/past sales
NIB with conversion kit will bring more I think
I had one for sale last fall here on the forum NIB with a six hundred dollar Leupold with mounts for 1750 and no takers
Bet they wished they had
Wound up selling it to my son-in-law, at least it stayed in the family

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
considering that there will be no more made for the forseable future and he will sell to you for not much less than 3k , you might give it some serious thought. he will not have trouble getting what was offered plus more.
in this time of covid , recession, and all the turmoil and if you don't have one jump on it.
I sold mine but I had two so im not empty handed.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts