Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt Light Rifle in 30-06.
I need Scope Rings or better yet would really like a Rail on it.

But I can find no where that tells me what ones work, and NULA website does not respond to Email.
I was Directed by some one once to the weaver site with the chart of what fits what

But that does not list the Colt Light Rifle.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
The Colt Light Rifles came with scope mounts in the box. I'm not aware of whether they interchange with any other make. Since NULA does not appear to be helpful it's possible someone at Colt might be...especially if they were at Colt during that time period.

At one time I had a Colt Light Rifle in each caliber available and one came without the scope bases in the box. I contacted Colt and they sent me a set...but that was back during when they were still selling the rifles. You never know what they might have sitting in their parts bins collecting dust.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The Colt Light Rifles came with scope mounts in the box. I'm not aware of whether they interchange with any other make. Since NULA does not appear to be helpful it's possible someone at Colt might be...especially if they were at Colt during that time period.

At one time I had a Colt Light Rifle in each caliber available and one came without the scope bases in the box. I contacted Colt and they sent me a set...but that was back during when they were still selling the rifles. You never know what they might have sitting in their parts bins collecting dust.
Colt does not keep parts for old out of production guns for very long. I asked about those mounts many years ago they were already sold and so I passed on the rifle. May be some out there but they are not at Colt.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I'm only aware of the ring mounts that came with them - I used them and it still holds the first 3-9 Leupold I put on it just fine.

What I do need, is a stock/receiver/trigger guard screw that fell out on a hunt a few years back... first I'm going to have to figure out the thread pitch...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
My aught six wears a Redfield w/ factory Colt rings .
I would bet $5 I saw the rings at CDNN Supply once.
Instead of checking the website search , I would get someone
On the phone and grease them w/ a double sawbuck in the mail
telling him will send if you He has one - before even ordering.
.... good luck

·
Registered
266 Posts
Call Melvin at NULA rifles, he answers his phone pretty regular when I call him. He's done couple CLR/NULA conversions for me and a great gentleman. He will sell you his Talleys that fit the CLR, think they are around $40-50.

You can also call Talley direct and they will sell you pic rail or Talley LWs that fit the CLR. They don't list them on their website but they do stock them and sell them. I've bought several direct from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts