Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CLR in .30/06 and it is a very accurate rifle,Does anyone know how many where made and what calibers ? and any opinions as some say not much of a rifle..........thanks

99A

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Welcome .

Sorry 99A , I don't have the answers .

I never heard that the quality was poor , they just didn't catch on . Partly , because they raised the cost just before they hit the market . Initially , a dealer was supposed to be able to sell it for $500 and make money . Then after they finally got ready to ship , Dealer Cost was raised to over $500

It's been some time and I can only recall long action calibers , 270 , 30-06 and maybe 7mm Rem Mag & 300 Win Mag ?

I do recall that it took over a 1.5 yrs to sell the one 30-06 we had in stock . /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use my CLR more than other bolts I own, I have a Colt-Sauer .270Win and Colt-Sharps .30/06 also. I usually use a Savage 99in .358Win on pigs but the Colt Light Rifle is my favourite at the moment, very accurate!

99A

·
Registered
115 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
any opinions as some say not much of a rifle..........thanks

99A

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that the Light Rifles were made by Saco Defense which until 2000 was a division of Colt. Saco Defense is also the builder of the military's M60 machine gun.

I can't speak for the Light Rifle but I own a Weatherby Mark V (Saco manufactured the Mark V rifles for several years when Weatherby first brought production back to the States from Japan) that was made by Saco in the mid 1990s and the quality is fantastic. I would assume that anything that came out of that shop would be top notch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts