Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased on that is beautiful but I think I got hoo-dooed. Patient dates on the barrel are Aug 5, 1884, July 4, 1905 and Oct 5, 1926. Wilson's Book of Colt Firearms says mine was manufactured in 1907 with production ending in 1909. Did I get screwed???? Please someone help!!!!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The picture below is a Colt 1877 Lightning Revolver. If yours does not look like it you have something else.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Are you sure you've got a model 1877 double action or is it a model 1877 double action with an odd barrel in it?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Interesting, I have a similar model 1877 in 38LC. The last barrel date is 1926 but the caliber marking is "Colt D.A. 38". The proper Colt caliber marking for a 1926 barrel would be "Colt Official Police 38 Special". My 1877 has a rework mark and all the parts are numbered which I believe indicates a colt rework. They apparently took later barrels and marked them with the old caliber marking. No pictures available since I am at my mother in law's for Thanksgiving.

Jim

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Seems to be a common occurance. I scored an early1877 in an auction (serial 7416) with a later barrel fitted. Forget the patents dates but was after the turn of the century. Gave it back to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.