Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, A acquaintance is trying to find a octagon barrel for his Dad's old lightning (made in 1890). In the 30's someone cut the barrel down (supposedly a Border Patrol agent). The original barrel has been removed. They have had no success finding a replacement. Does anyone know of anyone or have one who would sell theirs? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Hi guys, A acquaintance is trying to find a octagon barrel for his Dad's old lightning (made in 1890). In the 30's someone cut the barrel down (supposedly a Border Patrol agent). The original barrel has been removed. They have had no success finding a replacement. Does anyone know of anyone or have one who would sell theirs? Thanks for any help.
I see a good many Colt Lightning rifles junked on eBay for parts. Most are 22's but others are in 32-20, 38-40, and 44-40.

Reactions: Docneeley

·
Registered
322 Posts
I built a small frame. 22 and medium frame. 32-20 from parts, and I am currently trying to put together another small frame from my excess parts. When I was rebuilding them parts would show up on Ebay every few days.

Part for the Lightning Rifle have seemed to dry up since COVID-19. The only barrel I see now on Ebay's is. 32-20.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I built a small frame. 22 and medium frame. 32-20 from parts, and I am currently trying to put together another small frame from my excess parts. When I was rebuilding them parts would show up on Ebay every few days.

Part for the Lightning Rifle have seemed to dry up since COVID-19. The only barrel I see now on Ebay's is. 32-20.
I bought two 22 RF oct bbls on eBay for around $100 each. One went on a bulged barrel Colt Lightning Rifle, and the other I sold again on eBay.

Reactions: Shrek73

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
When did you buy them? I have been looking for a barrel for a couple months with no luck.
When did you buy them? I have been looking for a barrel for a couple months with no luck.
Oh that was a few years ago. The "Rona" virus has definitely derailed the normal eBay listings.

Reactions: Shrek73

·
Registered
322 Posts
You didn't specify caliber and frame size. It a small frame (.22), medium frame (.32-20, .38-40 or 44-40) or a large frame? The large frame has the big bore cartridges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts