Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the second owner of a CLW manufactured in 1972, that I purchased in 1978. After I purchased the gun, I sent it to Colorado for some customization "Chuck Taylor Commando Special" by the late Ikey Starks.

Is there any collectible value in the gun?

·
Registered
774 Posts
It is Worthless, without pictures.lol From my short time on this site, I have the impression that it is more of a purest site. You will find great info here, but you might also try 1911forum.com

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Since that is my birth year and I collect Colt's from that date I think you should send it to me for evaluation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chaosrob: That would so great. Send me a deposit and I will ship it right out to you. :)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I am the second owner of a CLW manufactured in 1972, that I purchased in 1978. After I purchased the gun, I sent it to Colorado for some customization "Chuck Taylor Commando Special" by the late Ikey Starks.

There's ALWAYS value in any quality Colt. A Lightweight Commander is no exception. Collectibility often comes from the collector who wants a particular gun.

If you are wanting to sell this specific piece, get to the minimum of 15 posts and place a WTS (Want To Sell) ad in our classifieds. Be sure to fully describe the gun and take clear and sharp photos. :cool:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
a little off topic but i'm curious. I used to read a lot of chuck taylor's writings in various gun magazines about 30 years ago. is chuck still alive?

·
Registered
89 Posts

Do you have any of the pistolsmithing papers for it? Can you list what was done?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts