Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a colt logo holster at an antique store for a couple of bucks. Someone has eliminated the original retention strap. Have looked for a week on the web for a picture of what it’s supposed to look like. So I can have a local saddle maker reproduce an original retention strap. If any of you guys or gals have a picture of what it looked like originally and any other facts on holster, I would love to see pics or hear from you. Thank you for your time and knowledge.One more question, if anyone knows were they sale the snap button with the colt logo on it . I know i am dreaming in refrence to the snap colt logo but just incase.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from (northern) South Texas!
I can't help with the holster either but if you post your pictures and question in the "Leather and Accessories" sub-forum, the holster experts will be along soon.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Well hello and welcome to the forum
It looks like the holster has been
re- sewn as the thread does not match from the front to the back
I think I remember these being around in the late 70's maybe early 80's as we had a Colt Dealer and I kinda remember the logo...
I can not remember who actually made them
I would not think they are very valuable but I would post this in the leather portion of the forum
Looks to be detective special size too
I do not remember them having a Colt logo on the snap
If they did u would have to buy another holster and remove the strap and replace yours with it
Stay safe out there
God Bless,John
I was thinking Don Hume but not sure

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts