Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1st. photo is a M16A1 configured in 9mm with a Colt Optics sight, Colt sauer drilling in 12 guage and 30-06 and finally a Colt light rifle in 30-06 with a Colt 3X9 scope.
2nd. photo is a Colt lightning 22, Colteer Single shot 22 with a Coltmaster 4x scope, Colteer 22 magnum single shot with a 6X coltmaster scope, Courier 22, Colteer 22 and a Stagecoach 22.
3rd. photo is a Colt Custom auto shotgun 12 guage, Colt standard auto shotgun 12 guage, Colt pump shotgun in 12 guage, Colt 1878 hammer shotgun in 10 guage, Colt 1883 hammerless in 12 guage and Colt sauer drilling in 12X12 and 30-06.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
[image]http://[/image]

Here's smkummer's nice collection of Colt long guns. These are fun to study and represent a different approach to Colt collecting.

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bryan, hopefully I can learn to do this myself. I still have some center fires I need to add such as a Colt Sauer bolt rifle and a Colt/Sako bolt rifle. I keep kicking myself for turning down a Colt/Thompson 5 years back for 10k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
smkummer
You are a lucky guy
The 1878 double barrel hammer is my next must have gun. I hope to start seriously looking for one early next year.
I have seen them at various prices on the net,but could anyone give me an idea what I should expect to pay for a tidy example.

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Colt 1878

Colt made over 20,000 of them so they are not that hard to find. One can find bottom guns with issues for $500 at shows. Once they start having original case colors remaining then they creep up. Will you shoot the gun? I wanted a 10 because I have the 12 in the 1883. The 1883 is my sporting clays gun with low pressure smokeless loads. Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Colt 1878

Mike,
Thanks for the idea on price I would be looking for a 12 gauge to use as an occasional shooter.

·
Administrator
7,307 Posts
Great looking collection Mike . Thanks for sharing .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts