Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first colt today and was unable to look up the serial number on the colt website to see when it was made. The serial number is CP19661 I tried getting more information online but the third digit threw me off and I’m worried now I may have purchased a fake colt. Can anyone tell me when it was made or what I can do to figure that out?

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Yes and yes.

Reactions: eagleeye

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Colt started using polymer mainspring houses on all production something in the '80s I believe...and still does. I had an early 1991A1 and it had plastic trigger...don't know whether it was used in any other models but the 1991A1 was an effort to make a competitive entry-level 1911 platform pistol and using a plastic trigger must have made for a reasonable cost savings. I remember I paid $324 for mine brand new when they were released. It was a good pistol...reliable and accurate...purposeful in appearance rather than beautiful.

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
My stainless Officer's ACP was built in '86 - no plastic at all.

I believe they started building them in '84 - but don't care.

·
Registered
149 Posts
M1991A1 full size was introduced in 1991. The Compact M1991A1 production started in 1992. First production SN is CP01001 for compact M1991A1.
Font Electronic device Rectangle Darkness Multimedia

1 - 13 of 13 Posts