Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
I know in the past, I've seen some of these M1917s (and possible other New Services) reconfigured to shoot 357 Magnum. I would to find out from the group how such a conversion stood up to the test of time. Any problems that have cropped up since Numrich Arms concocted the conversion oh-so-long-ago? Thanks. NS41.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, Don't know if this will help, but a couple weeks ago I dragged my feet and missed a repurposed 1917 that had originally been a.455 with British proof marks in the 112xxx serial number range on Joe Salter.Com. It had a real Colt 4" barrel marked new service .357.This appeared like it had it's pants shot off and been holster carried for decades.
I have a real 6 inch .357 from 1939 that was a former cop gun that is one of my favorites. It still locks up and shoots well and I find myself taking this one to the range the most. The 4 inch guns are like hens teeth. I do not know if that made up 4 inch gun would have been sent back to Colt for the barrel and cylinder change or not. dacolt.

·
Registered
317 Posts
NS41,

There is currently listed on Guns America a New Service with a non stock barrel length in caliber .357. The barrel is not marked like any of the original Colt barrels I have seen and the front sight is incorrect. I am no expert on Numrich Arms conversions, but wonder if this might be one of them?

DACOLT.

·
Registered
963 Posts
NS41,

There is currently listed on Guns America a New Service with a non stock barrel length in caliber .357. The barrel is not marked like any of the original Colt barrels I have seen and the front sight is incorrect. I am no expert on Numrich Arms conversions, but wonder if this might be one of them?

DACOLT.
Yes, that is a Numrich barrel. They were advertised as 8" with a ramp front sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.