Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can anyone tell me about this one?
Is this the Colt M199A1 Officer model? Officer ACP? Would that have been the stock trigger, and barrel bushing? Does not seem to match the parked finish.

What do you think a conservative value would be?
20130930_193724.jpg
20130930_193731.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've always liked the officer's acp /compact. As you noticed the trigger, grip safety and bushing are not factory stock (usually plastic trigger, thin tail like grip safety and black rubber grips). The barrel bushing looks similar to the EGW (nice). The recoil spring guide rod has also been upgraded. Don't know about value with these changes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The parts could have been dropped in, in which case they really don't change the value. Or they could have been part of a package with internal work but a good gunsmith - which unless it's documented doesn't change value either, really. Looks like the frame has been cerakoted or something; other parts appear brushed blue. I'm inclined to think it might be a really nice job overall and a good piece, but it's only a hunch without paperwork or wringing it out.

Usually if someone were going to drop real money with a serious gunsmith, they'd have ponied up for an Officer's in the first place. The grips do look like they are from the custom shop from one of its guns. similar to what was on full-sized frame Lt. Commanders.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I thought the finish was parked? Does anyone here own one? How do you like it? What be the approximate value for this gun. The trigger feels real nice. Not sure I ever heard of EGW?
Thanks again for the help here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The 1991A1 roll mark was "Compact" instead of Officers...don't know why, but it is the same pistol, just offered with an "economy finish. I bought mine at a gun show from a private seller for $400.00 with box. I made a project gun out of it to suit my preferences.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow....that is fantastic crockett. I can't belive that is the same gun. Excellent job!

Will Colt officers grips fit on the gun I have pictured?
Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow....that is fantastic crockett. I can't belive that is the same gun. Excellent job!

Will Colt officers grips fit on the gun I have pictured?
Thanks
Yes they will.....BTW Smith and Alexander offer a "slim" magwell / mainspring housing for the Officers frame. The grips you see on my pistol are custom "slim" profile. You can google "grips by Ezmeralda" and look at what she offers for the Officer model. If you've got fat paws like me, you might want to check it out. Go to the S&A web site as well.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again crockett, and by the way you are killing me...LOL :)
Beautiful Colts there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts