Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local outdoor chain here in NE Ohio has their weekly ad out (started Saturday) and I was shocked. $500 off the Colt M4, from $1299 to $799. No doubt they are sold out by now but I found it amazing on sale for such a reduced price. Are the prices plummeting? Any one else see similar prices on these?

·
Registered
6 Posts
A local outdoor chain here in NE Ohio has their weekly ad out (started Saturday) and I was shocked. $500 off the Colt M4, from $1299 to $799. No doubt they are sold out by now but I found it amazing on sale for such a reduced price. Are the prices plummeting? Any one else see similar prices on these?
Sounds like a door buster to me - just something to get everyone to come in - they probably only had one or two, took the hit, and got enough traffic in the store to make it back and then some. It’s a well worn holiday retail tradition.

·
Registered
429 Posts
$500 off the Colt M4, from $1299 to $799.
$1,299.00 is $250 over Colts MSRP of $1,049.00, looks better than it is. KYGC ran an $899.00 and free shipping months ago check around.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There are a bunch of dealers that have holiday sales now from $800 to $900, take a look at gun.deals site (also Wikiarms.com) which is what I use to compare prices of the 6920 M4 carbines and other firearms.

Also Colt conversion kits upper half there are some on sale at big online sellers, plenty of parts, components, ammo and accessories on sale.

My local gun shops have regular retail prices but lower than last year for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
$800 for an AR is about right. I mean except for the roll markings it is just an AR after all.
Just picked my Colt carbine up at middleburg location. 799 + tax, includes 3 free pmags. Was surprsed to see the display had the cage codes on barrel, reciever, charging handle, and c stamp on bcg!!! When the salesman grabbed 1 from the back it however did not have cage code on the reciever, so needless to say i bought the display!! Very happy walking away with that rifle for 800 and change!!!
I was very surprised they even had any left!! Although i guess i shouldnt be as the salesman was pushing hard on fella next to me to buy a Springfield Saint!!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I'm not sure why, but on more than one occassion I've personally seen salesmen talk people out of buying Colts in favor of other brands. Most of the time, the only word the salesmen know is "Glock", but I've heard other brands pushed as well (Sig Sauer, CZ, Canik, Springfield, etc.) I'm guessing that most of this is due to the youth of the salesmen.

Fortunately, the LGSs I frequent know me so well to not use that tactic on me. :)

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
And there is the markup to consider. Gun A costs the dealer $600, gun B costs him $700. To most people AR’s all look the same, which one would you push out the door?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts