Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a VERY weak trigger return spring on my Magnum Carry.
A while ago when I had it apart for dehoning the trigger, I noticed the coil spring was longer on one end than the other. It is shaped similiar to a close pin spring, with one end longer than the other. Not by much, I guess a 1/4 inch or so. I thought I'd rotate the spring around so the larger part was against the trigger instead of the frame.To give it a little more leverage. I did. It feels now as if the return spring is stronger and the trigger returns a little quicker.
Just a little FYI for those that may have that problem.
It worked for me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
4thHorseman,

Before I sent mine to Colt, I noticed that the return was sometimes a little slow but I thought I was "short stroking" it. When I got it back, there was no problem. I don't know what was done to it,

John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JMC what did you send your back to Colt for? Was it fixed OK?

------------------
"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality." Crazy Horse 1874

·
Registered
265 Posts
It shot a pattern @ 15 yards. I could barely keep five rounds in a 3" bullseye target. I put it away for about 4 1/2 years and somebody suggested that I contact Colt.
I sent a letter informing them that my Smith 649 would shoot a one hole group at the same distance, although all bullets hit at 5 o'clock.

Colt said send it back and we'll fix it. I did.....Colt did, at no charge....and now it's nearly as good as the 649.

I don't use either that much because I have a Smith 340SC, alias the "beast",

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts