Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Magnum Carry today with plastic case in excellent(about 98%) condition. I was able to get the asking price of $475 down to $395. While this is above the "book" price, I am still pleased to have found one to buy. The last one I saw at another shop sold for almost $500 in the same condition. That was about a year ago. Any of you own one, and how do you like it? Any problems or concerns? Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You did real well Mr. Walker. The "book" is for the most part meaningless when it comes to many of the Colt guns. It is riddled with errors and inaccuracies. If you use it as a real broad guideline it has usefulness.

I don't care what any book says, you got a great deal.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought the first one I saw. It shot a pattern instead of a group. I eventually sent it back to Colt and it was fixed. It still does not shoot as well as my Smith 649, although the action is smoother.

I had my `smith polish and install a Colt hammer shroud from an old Detective special. It's too bad the Colt logo was removed in the polishing process.

I seldom carry it as I've been spoiled by the weight of my Smith 340SC,

John

[This message has been edited by JCM298A (edited 04-02-2005).]

·
Registered
715 Posts
I love mine. You got a heck of a good deal for yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAD one and wish I still had it. It weighed a bit less than a S&W 60 or SP101 short bbl. and had an extra round to boot which I liked. Replaced the front sight with a gold bead and it really picked up quick. Had the gun tuned and hammer bobbed and double action was about 8.5 pounds as I recall with reliable ignition. Figured at the time being Colt parts might be hard to come by so got an extra trigger, hammer and hand. At least I am comforted that a friend has it now and is taking good care of it. Hmm, maybe I can trade back for it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts