Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where online I could find out how many of these were made in 1999 (the only year made from what I understand)and any feelings if these are or will be collectables?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hi Jim,
Anything can be collectible. I actually heard of a guy that collected Air sickness bags from all the different airlines aound the world. Who would think of THAT as being collectible. (no they were not used) He had many hundreds of different bags.
As far as it being a collectible Colt. I would say most likely YES. Anything that was made for only one year at Colt is usually more sought after than other items.
Also, you can expect to pay MORE than the Blue Book quoted prices on the Magnum Carry. If you pay Blue book price consider yourself very lucky.
As for quantity made, these were not produced in a limited run or a specific quantity. These were going to be a regular production gun. That's why you won't find published numbers as to how many were made.
Colt didn't just say let's make 1000 and stop.
There's probably someone that can predict how many were made, but I don't think you will be able to find a true answer. Colt may not even know the answer to this.

Hope that helps, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Info is very hard to find on magnum carries.
They will probably a valued collectors piece someday IF Colt doesn't start up the blast furnishes on it again and start pumping them out.
I said this once before, the MC is my major carry piece and it is for a good reason /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I read all the time people always having trouble with reliablitity with bottom feeders. Always something, springs, extraction, feeding, firing pins, slide would lock back, magazine doesn't feed right, stove piping, bad recoil springs, once you get them fixed, if you ever do, you need to put 400-500 rounds through it to have some kind of faith in it to be able to carry it conceal for protection.
Revolver, carry and shoot. Just that cotton picken simple. It may not get you the girls like the movies but it works flawlessly. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifA lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I read all the time people always having trouble with reliablitity with bottom feeders. Always something, springs, extraction, feeding, firing pins, slide would lock back, magazine doesn't feed right, stove piping, bad recoil springs, once you get them fixed, if you ever do, you need to put 400-500 rounds through it to have some kind of faith in it to be able to carry it conceal for protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, of course, for non-Colt models. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts