Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a Colt Magnum Carry. It was fired a few times when purchased new and has been a safe queen ever since. It has the blue case that and all the paperwork, hang tag etc. that came with the gun. It is in almost perfect condition with just a faint turn line. He wants me to make an offer. I don't know much about these, what would a fair offer be? I want to get a good deal but I want to be fair. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
They seem to go for anywhere from about $1500-$2500 when I see online auctions for them. In an auction timing is everything...one week at least two buyers may be looking for one and another week no one is.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
A couple on GB now asking $1500 with no bids

offer your shop $1200 and see what happens

Its a cool gun but hold on to your hat when firing magnum loads - she’s a wild one!

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
I agree with Snidelys assessment. The new King Cobra would be the cheaper alternative if you’re in need of that model for a more reasonable price.
The magnum carry falls into the collector realm, and it’s large price swing is when it catches the week where the two bidders are looking for it at the same time.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Yes...the Magnum Carry has gone into the realm of a collectors piece...not that it's not a fine revolver in its own right but because it had a short production run and replacement parts are pretty much made of unobtanium. The new King Cobra is a much better alternative for carry today. The action of the Magnum Carry is similar to the King Cobra action...the King Cobra appears to be based on the Magnum Carry but more refined.

If you can get it for a good price...get it. You can always make a profit on it in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I just sold one in similar condition on GB. Final winning bid was $1575. The market has "softened" just a bit on these recently...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want to thank everyone on here that gave me advise on the value. This site is the best place to get information on Colts. I tried to get the same information on the Facebook page Colt Firearm Fanatics, but my post will not get approved. You would think after 3 days someone would approve it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Id say $1,500 maybe a little more if it’s slightly used but the only flaw is a faint turn line. I paid $2k around 3 years ago for one that is unturned and 100% immaculate I assume (hope) its still worth about that much.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After some negotiating we settled on $1500.00. I am still a bit leery on if the value will hold. With the condition it is in I will be buying it as a collector piece not a shooter, I have plenty of them already.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I think you made a fair deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts