Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some 'owners' manuals, mint shape for sale from the late 70 to the 90's.
$15.00 each, prepaid (postage, s & h) "first I'll take it" and e-mail me.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Do you have any manuals marked "commando" for the very early AR15?

·
Premium Member
9,477 Posts
Addicted, don't you mean "Comanche?" Colt was going to use the name "Comanche," not "Commando," as the marketing name of the AR-15, but found out that the name "Comanche" was already in use for another maker's rifle, so the "Sporter" name was quickly adopted. I have a very early AR-15 and its original "Comanche" manual. I have heard the figure of 500 to 1000 for the number of "Comanche" manuals printed before the "Sporter" name was adopted. The "Comanche" and early "Sporter" manuals are identical in every way except for the name on the cover. Considering that the "Comanche" manuals were issued over 40 years ago, they are scarce today. I saw one sell for about $500 on eBay.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Addicted, don't you mean "Comanche?" Colt was going to use the name "Comanche," not "Commando," as the marketing name of the AR-15, but found out that the name "Comanche" was already in use for another maker's rifle, so the "Sporter" name was quickly adopted. I have a very early AR-15 and its original "Comanche" manual. I have heard the figure of 500 to 1000 for the number of "Comanche" manuals printed before the "Sporter" name was adopted. The "Comanche" and early "Sporter" manuals are identical in every way except for the name on the cover. Considering that the "Comanche" manuals were issued over 40 years ago, they are scarce today. I saw one sell for about $500 on eBay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha, No wonder I can't locate one of these manuals. I'm looking for the wrong damn manual. Thanks for the correction JC.

Addict

1 - 6 of 6 Posts