Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt, \"Marshall?\"

My thanks to Mr.'s Wheel, Foster and J. Colt for their info. May I consult, still again? I'm sure, once upon a gun show - the same one at which I saw my first Colt .357, in fact - Garden City, Kansas +/- 1985, I saw a splendid, smallish, all-Colt collection. A man was showing his collection and really wasn't trying to sell anything - really. Just display and conversation. He had this Colt Marshall. (I think.) As memory serves, it was a 2" barrel, factory production piece but I'm uncertain as to whether it was built on the New Service or Official Police frame. Now, besides just wanting to know, wouldn't that be the cats' whiskers to have, say, a regular NS and the shortie for another smallish but nifty Colt collection? Or, dare I dream, (?), if the Marshall is a shortie OP, put it with 6" OP's in .22 and .38 and voila! - SUPER collection in three pieces and less than the price of two new Colts! (Maybe?) I admire that collection from that show to this day and he couldn't've had more than ten or twelve guns. All very nice. All very interesting. And all USED, to ... no wall flowers. I like that approach to the collecting/having/shooting sport we all have adopted.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: Colt, \"Marshall?\"

rcw

The Marshall is in the same family as the OP, and 2"er's are extremely rare, 4"er's are more common, but extemely hard to find. As we speak,I know of a guy at a local flea market that has two consecutively serial numbered 4" ones, the problem is he wants $800 each for them and they are only 70% guns that I probably wouln't give over $350 each for, plus maybe $100 for consecutiveness. To me, they look pretty ordinary except for the "Marshall" on the barrel and the M suffix. Dick

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Colt, \"Marshall?\"

Thanks for the info and tip, Mr. DB68! I'm almost happy I'm not anywhere near your flea market ... I'm for sure saving $800! Anybody have a picture of a 2" Marshall or OP? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diamonback68:
rcw

The Marshall is in the same family as the OP, and 2"er's are extremely rare, 4"er's are more common, but extemely hard to find. As we speak,I know of a guy at a local flea market that has two consecutively serial numbered 4" ones, the problem is he wants $800 each for them and they are only 70% guns that I probably wouln't give over $350 each for, plus maybe $100 for consecutiveness. To me, they look pretty ordinary except for the "Marshall" on the barrel and the M suffix. Dick
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts