Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently acquired a Colt Match Target from my parents estate. The gun is in pristine condition. I've been searching the web for details about this firearm, but no luck so far. I know that my father acquired it in the 50's as collateral for a loan he made to a fellow worker. The loan was never re-paid, and he kept the gun. Anyway, how can I find when the gun was manufactured, how many were made, etc.? Any help will be appreciated.

Jay

·
Registered
448 Posts
Go to: rimfirecentral.com and under the Colt section put the serial # minus the last 2 digits (use * in place of the last 2 digits). Within a short while someone will answer your question. If you put the # here and I see it, I will look it up for you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can also go to Bob Rayburn's excellent Woodsman site, colt22.com. You'll probably learn all you need to know just from his info., or you can email him. -Asa

·
Premium Member
9,471 Posts
Just post your serial number here (or the first few digits with asterisks in place of any digits you do not post if you are paranoid about posting the actual serial number) and someone here will give you a lot of information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts