Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me any particulars about this ar 15 ?
It is a colt match target serial # CMH02473*

I believe the earlier post ban match targets had a heavy barrel with 1 in 7 twist with a 5.56 chamber, did they all use the same barrel or did the later ones around 2009 have a heavier barrel with 1 in 9 twist ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello Rebs.My Match target HBAR is post ban cmh serial# and came with a 20 inch 1-7 5.56 barrel A2 top. I latter changed the barrel to a 16 inch HBAR 1-7 5.56. Always liked the Vietnam era CAR15 and that was as close as I could get to it legally without spending a bunch of money. the A3 top is nice for mounting sights but I still like the look and feel of the older model. Have a great day.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Rebs, I think you are mixing models. The 6920 has the stepped, 'government profile' barrel and weighs less than six pounds. The 'Match Target' should have the heavier profile barrel its entire length, and will be noticeably heavier as a result.
Slow down and think it thru'; there are guns out there. If you get the heavier barrel, you'll end up like 6mm and me; you'll spend more money changing out the upper or getting the barrel turned.
Moon

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the two guns I am looking at both have 20" Hbar's. One is serial# CMH 0247XX and the other is CMH 0469XX, but the CMH 0469XX feels more barrel heavy when you put it up to your dhoulder to look down the sites. Why would that be ? Could one barrel be heavier than the other ? Both guns look identical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts