Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi couple questions on this Colt 380. Serial Number RC 29000, Year it was made. Colt is in mint condition, what is it worth. And is this Model still made. Thanks for information.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi daybreak.

I think you may not be getting any response because of your lack of detail. You see, there many Colt 380's, Mustang, Mustang II, Gov 380, Pocketlite versions, Pony's etc. And no one has a crystal ball to know which one you are referring. You can either check out one of the so called "Blue Books" to get a broad ballpark idea of its value, or visit the auction sites & see what people are asking for theirs.

As far as the DOM, you will simply need to call Colt & provide the with the exact Model & S/N & they will tell you the date.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Daybreak - are you wanting to sell it? I'd be interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi sorry for lack of detail on the colt 380. It is a Colt MK IV Series 80 Government 380 Auto. Serial number is 29000. Would like to Know year made, Colt is mint condition, what it is worth and is the Model still made. Thanks for the information

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same gun you do I think in SS. I bought it a few months back in a local range and shop where I shoot. It was in mint condition and I paid $479.00 for it.The blue book is undervalued on these sweet shooting little guns, just check Gun Brokers or other internet auctions,that's if their are any for sale. They are getting scarce.I was shooting a clip or two a week but have decided to case and park it and watch the value increase. Mine is a single action, which I think is a better investment than the DA. Discontued in 1997.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New member here, just joined today. I purchased a Mustang this past weekend and called Colt today about a couple of things. Great customer service. I gave them the Serial Number and found out it was manufactured in 1986. I also asked about obtaining an owner's manual for it. They are in another printing right now and normally costs $10.00 but was told if they get a phone request they can waive the $10.00 Can't beat that.

I'm also being sent the update for the sear from a safety recall quite a while back, also at no charge. Can't wait to get to the range to fire this little beauty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have same gun I bought in late Oct 03. Called Colt and they sent me the manual and spring clip but clip was already installed. Mustangs getting scarce and value going up so I stopped shooting at the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts