Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that the "original" grips I recently purchased for my Model 1908 hammerless vest pocket in .25 ACP look great. *I paid $99 for them and would like to know if they are actually vintage.*

Is there a way to test the material of these grips to determine if they are made hard rubber or polyurethane that is non destructive?*

The manufacture date for my Model N (as Colt called it) is 1918. The standard grips of that era were the black hard rubber square top grips with the word Colt at the top and the rampart down below.*

There is some wear to the grips and they do look great. The eye of the rampart can be seen clearly and the tail and mane are nicely defined. Other grips that are being sold on eBay as reproduction grips are not so clearly defined as these at the magnified view setting. Of course, they are not selling them for nearly as much.

Did Colt mark their grips on the inside or number them to the pistol like they did with the Colt SAA? Are there any other ways to check for authenticity. Thanks in advance for any insights.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
N1908 .25 acp grip panel

I will post a pic soon. I have a new Linux based system and will need a little time to figure out how to download from my Galaxy S4 phone. There are a few compatibility issues to address between these two. Hopefully today if my son visits. He's attending school at U.C. Riverside. I hope to see him home for the game tomorrow for sure. Thanks for all of your responses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.