Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a colt model 1911 us army marked, and the serial number begins with a x29? and it is stamped united states property on it. some one help me out here and tell me what yall think it might be worth have no clue i just traded a few guns for it>have pictures but i dont know how to upload them on here

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Sounds like a replacement frame done at Springfield Armory between 1925 and 1953. (Clawson's Collector's Guide, page 146)
i have a colt model 1911 us army marked, and the serial number begins with a x29? and it is stamped united states property on it. some one help me out here and tell me what yall think it might be worth have no clue i just traded a few guns for it>have pictures but i dont know how to upload them on here

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sounds like a replacement frame done at Springfield Armory between 1925 and 1953. (Clawson's Collector's Guide, page 146)
...or it could be a totally bogus frame made up by Bubba to appear to be a Springfield Arsenal renumber. As Denis said... pictures are needed! (Lots of pictures detailing the markings.)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Please post pictures. (1) reply to thread (2) select go advanced (3) Scroll down to other options, select manage attachments (4) Upload the pictures then highlight to attach to the message. Look forward to the pix. By the way is this the same one you already posted?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
He posted 2 the same day with the same title. First had pix attached. The frame was roughly converted to look like a 1911A1, serial number looked like it was applied by a drunken sailor, US Property follwed the curve of the frame. He was advised to reverse the trade or disassemble and turn in the frame to ATF. Haven' t heard from him since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts