Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased another one of these at the beginning of November at a small gunshow here in Ohio. A pretty nice pistol made in 1917. I disassembled it at the table to make sure the slide matched and noticed that the spring guide (I think that's what you call it) was at the front of the spring towards the muzzle end rather than the back towards the hammer so I easily reversed it. He was asking $500 and really stuck on that number but I ended up buying it anyway as it was a nice one. My indoor pictures are iffy but it was below zero with snow on the ground so I didn't feel like taking it outside to get better photos. The bluing is much more complete than what some of the photos pretend to show. Maybe I'll letter this one just to see if it went anywhere interesting.
Kim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,268 Posts
sn256854three.JPG sn256854one.JPG
Most Excellent hammerless. Good Job.
War Time gun, you should letter this.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
That reminds me, I need to see if there are any gun shows coming up. Thanks for the great photos of a gun Colt

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice find.
Saw one in a shop in North Conway, NH for $415.00 this week. SN in mid 300K range. Very worn finish with non matching grips and an aftermarket magazine. Your's looks like a much better deal.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the comments. I have 5 of these .32's now. Every time after I buy one of these, I tell myself that is it, no more! Then I go and find a nice complete one on a vendors table or gun shop somewhere priced from $300 to $500, forget the promise I made to myself and end up buying it! My only salvation in these matters is that condition has to be pretty decent (no pitted rust buckets nor reblued ones) and it has to have all the correct parts. I figure if I fall on hard times, I will be able to move them pretty easily, ha-ha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts