Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine has a Colt model Three Five Seven, and would like to know a bit about it, including estimated value of course.
all I know is 1959 (according to the serial#)
Here's a picture of it
to me, its really good condition, as there seems to have the most wear at the barrel tip, and minimal wear anywhere else.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

I'm new, still need to learn how to link pics over to photobucket...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome, I am also in the same boat about getting info, but for one of those strange guns you have to cock the hammer on, but I think I can help a bit here. The Three Five Seven was introduced as a taget model in .357 Magnum and was made into the years of the Python. Colt decided that two target .357 revolvers on the same frame was a bit redundant, so they spent a little less time on the Three Five Seven for hand fitting and renamed it the Trooper. Still a great gun no matter what name you give it. I have no idea what they go for now, since I paid $175.00 for the one I bought from J&G sales 25 years ago (wish I still had it). If your friend decides to sell, let me know, I have a friend that wants to get one since he can't afford my Python:cool: and I told him these are as close as you can get. Good luck, the other forum members have been very helpful to me and I am sure they can help nail down a real world price for you.

Mark

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Does that 4-inch 3 5 7 have a nickel ejector rod head?

Seems like the 3 5 7 revovolvers in good used condition that I saw actually sell on GunBroker within the past year or so went for $500-$550. High condition guns would be worth more but high-condition guns are generally started with a high auction starting bid price.

I kept up with the 3 5 7 pretty faithfully for some time in anticipation of acquiring one which I did earlier this year.

The 3 5 7 beat the Python into production by a couple of years and was the premium .357 Magnum revolver in the Colt line-up when it was introduced in 1953. The Trooper was introduced about the same time. The Python came along in 1955 and knocked the 3 5 7 from its perch so it soldiered on as a " 'tweener" between the Python and the Trooper until it was dropped in 1961. I have to wonder if the reason it continued as long as it did was to use up some of the components produced early on in its production life.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
CAHunterED.

Welcome to the forum.
All I can tell you about the Colt 357 is it's a nice gun.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I just picked one up not long ago for 475 shipped, BUT I had to send the grips to swamprat for a fix, since they were butchered. Said and done I will have 575 in it and it shoots so well I think I got a bargain

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.