Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt Modular Carbine in 6.5 Creedmoor, it has feed issues, it will either not pick up a round and the bolt will close without picking up a round, or it will pick up a round and fail to feed it.

1) I have used both Magpul Magazines and AR Stoner Metal Magazines, I do make sure the Magazines seat properly. Same Issue.
2) I have tried The Factory Spring and Buffer and a lighter Spring and Buffer. Same Issue.
3) I have a Second Modular Carbine in 7.62 NATO, I have swapped the lowers, Same Issues with the 6.5 Creedmoor, Both lowers work perfectly with the 7.62 NATO.

Any other Ideas?

·
Registered
643 Posts
It is a known issue. Colt will fix it. Gas port needs to be opened up.

Mine and others have done this. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So send it into Colt to fix or is it something I can fix myself?
Like just drilling a little bigger hole in the barrel where the gas returns or?

And thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to work on it before you said nope. The issue is fixed. And I checked a second Rifle having the same issue and found the hole to small on it as well. Fixed it too. Thank you for the assistance Dave, it is greatly appreciated.

Any one else: Take Dave's Advice. Send it into Colt. I just happen to have a work shop with the right tools and enough knowledge to make the hole without burs and without hitting the other side of the interior of the barrel.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went to work on it before you said nope. The issue is fixed. And I checked a second Rifle having the same issue and found the hole to small on it as well. Fixed it too. Thank you for the assistance Dave, it is greatly appreciated.

Any one else: Take Dave's Advice. Send it into Colt. I just happen to have a work shop with the right tools and enough knowledge to make the hole without burs and without hitting the other side of the interior of the barrel.
Glad you got it worked out. For others without knowing the specific new hole size do not try this at home you do not know if you have made the hole the correct size and could make the rifle not operate reliably because it is all about pressure on a gas gun. It also kills the warranty from Colt. There was testing done to determine the specific size of the hole to accommodate SAAMI 6.5 Creedmoor. For example, mine would function fine with Underwood and with Hornady Superperformance however, a couple of others both match type did not function correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts