Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... I screwed up.. just received a colt mustang that I purchased from gunbroker..the gun is clean and everything promised..no complaints...except from my wife who the gun is for...she had tried a mustang that belonged to her friend.. I asked about it and was told it was the mustang..not the plus 2....well..my gun comes in..and its a 2 finger grip..smaller by a finger than the one my wife had tried...so...where I did I miss it on the models??
mustang
pocketlite
plus 2
government?
she doesn't want this gun..and so I'll either sell it or thinking of keeping it myself and ditching my NAA32acp..but I need to figure out what the heck it is that my wife shot..we're trying to get in touch with owner of the local mustang so I can see it again and verify model info....I'm guessing that a government might be bigger?..but still not be the plus 2?..which the owner said she didn't have....any help appreciated..and I guess..offers so I don't have to list it on gunbroker....

·
Registered
324 Posts
The 380 Govt Model is indeed longer than the Mustang in both grip length and barrel/slide length. Barrel length is 3 1/4 inches. Magazine capacity is seven rounds.

The Mustang and Mustang Pocket Lite are comparatively shorter: Barrel length on these is 2 3/4 inches; magazine capacity is 6 rounds.

Enter the hybrid Mustang Plus II! This one uses the 380 Govt frame with seven round capacity. But the barrel/slide is from the Mustang: 2 3/4 inches.

Confusing enough? If it was a Mustang, it was a Mustang Plus II. If not, it was a 380 Govt Model.
Either way, it looks like you got a pretty good excuse to keep that Mustang for yourself! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks... I look forward to seeing the other gun now that I am more aware and can pay attention...my wife has assured me she does not want this recent acquisition...now it comes down to a choice for me...both the NAA guardian and the lil colt only give me a 2 finger grip..the colt does give me a nice grip guard to keep my thumb flesh out of the way of the slide and it is a breach lock... I'll just have to shoot it some and see how I like it.. I know I shot the gov model quite well..1st clip was better than my NAA after a year of practice...and stepping up to a 380 over the 32acp...a little more comfy...I just got my NAA back from the shop where they did some nice finishing and new part replacements to it..and I have custom wood grips and spare mags as well as the extended 10rd ..so something to consider...yet the colt brings twice as much on the market...will just have to do some side by side comparison...and go back to shopping for my wife's elusive longer grip mustang...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts