Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford F-250 Power Stroke
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a chance to pick up one of these in excellent condition does anyone know about this model good or bad? Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,147 Posts
I have owned one for many years! They seem to be great guns. The extra length in the grip frame gives me a better feel in my hand, plus I like having 2 extra rounds.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What value would you place on these excellent no box? Thanks

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

Of all the Mustang variants I own..I like my Plus II the best.
Frame of a Gov 380 for grip and extra capacity and conceal-ability of a Mustang..

Anything under $550.00 for a nice one would be a good deal...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I read one report of 600 rounds fired with no failures. This is big for me!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a couple of them and they are excellent shooters. I agree 550 is about right. I would recommend replacing the stock magazine springs with wolff +5% springs, and I always replace the recoil spring and firing pin spring as well with the wolff kits.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I used to have one before I got away from the .380 for me as a defensive round...nice gun..I paid $250 for mine back in 1997/8 or there about.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I bought one (Mustang Plus II) here several months back.. It was spendy but it was high polish with ivory. It runs just fine. Remember small guns don’t make very good day at the range guns. It is a backup that is easily hidden. Magazines are unique to that specific gun, plan ahead. X grip extensions don’t not fit the mags. I’m not a 380 fan, but this shinny little Colt with ivory suckered me out of some tall $. It wears well opposite a Wilson 4 inch ACP with ivory. It’s Texas, we put ivory on everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts