Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swartz Safety adjustable sight NM in its original box. All original parts and finish. Matching numbered box.
Mr Gevecker served through the WW2 years and left the Service as a LTC

IMG_0516.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those national match guns are one of my all time favorites. Thank you for your pics! Patina is perfect. You know it's been shot and taken car of all these years.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
That is quite a find! What a beautiful set and with provenance as well.
That's the first lettered set of pre war vintage that I have ever seen.
Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interestingly when I was cleaning the pistol I noticed the name VAC Gevecker etched into the inside of the grip panel. On the other panel was his military service number. I then called the shop who had sold me the gun and asked them if by chance the consignee had the last name Gevecker. Sure enough the shop confirmed that was the same name of the fellow that brought the gun in. It turned out to be the original owners son(in his late 70's). I was able to speak to him about his father and the gun. This was his favorite pistol and the last of over 200 guns to be sold. His son reminessd about shooting it with the 22-45 Conversion unit as a child.
Used but not abused. Most collectors seem to demand NiB condition.....Nothing wrong with a little normal wear and tear in my book.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Congrats on a great find...

I think as knowledge of the Pre War NM pistols increases among the growing collector class....owning an unmolested/original NM has risen considerably.

Just look at the prices people are saying for them.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on a great find...

I think as knowledge of the Pre War NM pistols increases among the growing collector class....owning an unmolested/original NM has risen considerably.

Just look at the prices people are saying for them.

Thanks for sharing.
I would agree, the collector interest in these models seems to be getting stronger. My observations seem to prove that most people who bought this model shot them. Many examples also have had their sights changed out(fixed sight models).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts