Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of those that is in the gray area as to where to post. Don't claim to be an expert on Navy/ Navy as I P/U'd this piece years ago as it was my first conversion. Read recently where The Navy only converted a little over 700 of these. I would think these as compared to the 1860 Colt Richards, Richards/Mason would be in much better condition, as they were not carried as much. this piece is in decent condition and about as Navy/Navy as one could be. My interests are mainly post-war cavalry
Writing implement Office supplies Wood Font Writing instrument accessory

Cavalry & the Old West and do like a weapon I can research as I have documented & researched 3 that saw the elephant

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
One of the hard to find Colt conversions. I agree with the comment on where to post. I usually post them under revolvers. It would be great to have a subcategory for Colt conversions.
Jim

Reactions: Canine cop

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
More like a catagory for antique non SAA Colt like the Derringers Lightnings, Thunderers and 1878s

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the hard to find Colt conversions. I agree with the comment on where to post. I usually post them under revolvers. It would be great to have a subcategory for Colt conversions.
Jim
Totally `agree about having a separate category for conversions, considering the separate models of the conversions. Truth be known, they and the revolvers that sold for less than a Colt SAA, most likely were the ones that won the west. Considering the conversions fired large-caliber rounds, the M/H'S,F/W'S,H/A's, produced a fairly decent revolver and as settlers moved west, they had to make every dollar count and had very little if any discretionary money to spend. A sidearm was carried for self-defense and as long as it went bang, that's all they cared. The conversions sold cheap as Colt, Remington and others wanted to get rid of their old Civil War stock.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The Percussion Forum is where conversions can be posted.

"This Area [Percussion] is for Discussions on All Breeds of Colt Made Percussion Revolvers , Cartridge Conversion and Antique Rimfire Handguns."

Reactions: Canine cop

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is an awesome piece. I am so jealous! Back in the early 1980's and before they were regarded as an abomination of a normal Navy revolver. Now it's the other way around - the conversions are worth significantly more. Very very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts