Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new here and just bought a used Colt New Agent .45 from Gunbroker. The owner said it was not a Talo Edition, but i am not sure he is correct. It has a serial number #XST04** that starts with the "XS" and not "GT" and it has a 400 and something number, which makes me think it is one of 500 with the big dot sights and custom wood engraved Colt grips that are a brownish color. Also, when i enter the serial # on the Colt Website, it does come back with a 2011 build date, which is when these were made, I THINK!
I will post pics. when the gun arrives, but i think it is a Talo. Do you guys?

·
Registered
68 Posts
You are probably correct. Did the photo show a big white round "lollipop" front sight, and a V notch rear sight? The fancy grips? Then you my friend, have a Talo Edition New Agent. The Colt stock new agent has the channel sights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, when i enter the serial number on Colt's Website recall page, it says there is no recall. I guess it was just for #'s starting with GT. I cant wait to get this thing and shoot it. It is my first Colt.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is a really nice Colt. Be sure to clean and lube it when you get it. Make sure the recoil spring is intact. It takes some practice to break it down and put it back together tho. Especially when you want to keep from the dreaded "idiot" scratch. Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked up the Colt today and cleaned it and then went to shoot. It will take some getting used to the XS Big dot site as i was not too accurate. I was fine side to side, but with Winchester White Box 230 grain FMJ i was way low at 7 yards ( like 4 inches or so). That was putting the white dot over the bullseye too. I then tried the Remington UMC 230 grain JHP ammo and it was better. I could put the white dot just above the bullseye and hit alot closer. At the end i tried the WWB again and aimed the dot about 4 inches high and then it would hit pretty much center. Its funny how the ammo can make that much difference it point of aim and impact. I know a lot is me because i only get to shoot maybe 4 or 5 times a year and so i am out of practice, but i did shoot my H&K USP Compact 9mm a lot better, probably because a lot less recoil and i am more used to the 3 dot combat sites.

The gun shot flawlessly with no failures at all , except occasionally i would feel the empty case thump me on top of the head. I dont know what that means unless it needs the extractor adjusted or something. It did it maybe 4 or 5 times out of roughly 85 rounds.

By the way, I see why people change the beavertail now. That little rat tail digs into the web of your hand pretty good after shooting a couple of boxes of ammo.
Overall, I am happy with the gun. I just need to get used to the sights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.