Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a colt new agent with CT grips. two problems.

1. the firearm had numerous FTE. i tried different magazines, different ammunition, and i even had different shooters use the firearm, with the same result.

2. the ammunition that did eject, kept coming back directly at me, and in fact, cut my forehead on several occasions.

i sent the gun back to colt and was told it would "take about three months" for them to return it to me.

this is the first colt handgun that i have ever owned, and needless to say, i am very disappointed.

i was wondering if others have had a similar experience with the new agent? thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since I was quoted in this thread, I will try to help. My Colt New Agent is dead on - will be my carry weapon.

Two problems: 1. A few FTF. 2. Hitting me on the top right side of my head

The solution: The FTF was caused by the slide stop catching on the front left of the bullet. I manually ejected a mag twice and saw the scratches. The slide stops lower rear corner had a sharp point. I removed it, lightly filed down the point - problem solved. The second problem, according to many different sites on the web is from limp wristing or the ejector needing adjusted. I replaced the ejector with an Ed Brown "hardcore" ejector.

Now maybe one in twenty rounds comes back at me. It's not the gun, it's me. Have someone film you with a cell phone and watch the front of the New Agent raise up on those errant ejections. Hold it tight. I have learned that 1911's are guns that you can adjust, personalize, and work on yourself. By the way, mine eats anything I feed it. Like. I said, very happy now.

I was given the same time frame. That is why I tried to solve my problems. If they would have failed, I would have sent it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts