Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
It pays to be a good customer. In the past year, I have purchased 2 Colt New Frontiers that my local gun shop got in. Both were in shipments from Colt and are new production models. Today I'm looking around and the owner mentions they took in an older SAA that looks NIB. Was I interested?
Of course I was. So the gun is a NF in 45LC with 7 1/2 inch barrel. Gun is blued with wood grips. Gun comes with older wood grained box and all papers and hangtags. Serial number is 0652X NF which looks like 1970. I asked how much and he responded "what do you think its worth?" The shop is going to hold it for me and let me decide if I want it. If not, it will go online. I'm thinking $1300-1500 range as a starting point. Any opinions or comments?
Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
It is a 3rd Generation New Frontier shipped in 1980. No 2nd Generation New Frontiers have a 5 digit serial numbers. The "0" counts as a digit. I would guesstimate the value at $1300 maybe a bit more if you really want it. Good luck..

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Along with that third gun there is another he has listed in 45 colt with a lower start price. I have been talking to the owner on the 44 and he may pull it off the market if no bids. You might save me from buying another if you bid on the 44 lol:bang_wall:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/716471318

GunBrokers doesn't show you every gun on the market and I don't know why.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I'm liking the above gun. I've been looking for a non-mint, but not abused 3rd to use as an occasional shooter. Did this dealer legit??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts