Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been searching the past six months or so for one of the newly manufactured Colt New Frontiers SAA, Model # P4750. This is the 44 spl.; 5 1/2". Have lost track of the gun shops that I have visited in my search. No one can seem to get one turned loose from the distributors they contact. Tell them they do not have any. Are any of you all finding the same situation? Spoke with a Colt representative by phone the other day and was told they are being shipped out to distributors. I am just not having any luck in purchasing one. Any suggestions? Does anyone have the name of a gun shop they would like to share that is able to get special request guns from a distributor? :bang_wall::bang_wall:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Lot of gun shops are too lazy to do and exhaustive search in my opinion. Would Colt tell you which distributors they shipped the handguns to. If they would, you could have your most helpful gun shop to contact the distributor.

Usually, I do an internet search for a distributor who have in stock what I'm looking for. Then I go to one of a couple of gun shops. Sometimes they'll order or give me signed ffl and I order it to be shipped to the gun shop.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe A. : Did not think to ask them what distributor received the New Frontiers. As for doing an internet search, do you already have the names of some distributors or do you google Colt distributors or what. If you could give me some more advice on how you do your internet search, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
They are being made but in very small numbers. Look hard. Get your dealer to put one on order and wait for it. I have been waiting for a custom New Frontier for six months and hope to have it this summer.

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
They are being made but in very small numbers. Look hard. Get your dealer to put one on order and wait for it. I have been waiting for a custom New Frontier for six months and hope to have it this summer.
I know I'm really blowing the dust off of this thread here, but I stumbled across a P4750... 44 SPL 5-1/2" on gunbroker last night and have it coming to me. I remember skwcoltguy saying last year that the NEw Frontiers are in very limited production numbers, so I knew this probably would be a good one to claim.
I did a search today for P4750 and this thread popped up. I see the original poster was online in the forum yesterday. He may have acquired one already, but if not .. I did see some more out there.

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
the posted photos are the seller's.. And I thought those stocks had good figure as well, comparing them to my 45LC New Frontier..the 45LC's are much more plain.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
As Ben says, there are several listed on GunBroker. Most are listed at premium prices, but if you are persistent, you can find one for a reasonable price. I bought a NF in .45 Colt with 4 3/4 inch barrel last year for around $1300, NIB, new production. It took a while to find one at that price, but they show up from time to time.

- - - Buckspen

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
I agree, Bruce. The prices on the few out there are just over the top shelf for me. If it was the model that was THE one and didn't want to wait.. It would be hard to watch them and watch and watch until somebody bought it... But theyre a little too out in front to me.
You acquired yours at a very good deal, IMO. I was closer to that price with my first New Frontier. Buds Guns was less than $1400, but that's been almost a year and a half now. They may have sold more since, but if so, the gun sold before I saw it listed.
I probably wouldn't, and haven't let a couple hundred extra stand in the way, but 60-75% percent over MSRP would take a while for the resale value to catch up to price paid.

When it comes down to it though, it's the work and searching involved that makes it so gratifying with these collector guns and short supply guns. At the time it's a bit frustrating but the more impossible it seems , then the happier I am when I do find one.

The finish on these current production New Frontiers is just amazing to me.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
I bought two new production SAA's; the New Frontier mentioned above and a Single Action Army with 7 1/2 inch barrel/blackpowder frame/.45 Colt. Both were made in the last two or three years and both are absolutely beautiful. Everything about them is top quality.

- - Buckspen

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
This is sacrilegious, but I just gotta show my Ruger flat top Lipsey .44 special I bought about 3 years ago for probably $1,200s less than a New Frontier. I dont wanna hear it, I also own four authentic Colt SAA`s. Under it is my .45 Colt New Frontier that Audie Murphy bought new in 1965 that I used to own. If you look real fast there isn't much difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts