Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a fair price for a 3rd Generation, Colt, New Frontier, .45, 7.5 inch barrel, like new, unfired in original box with original manual? Low serial number 022XXNF.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
I see them for around $1100 or so. Some guys might ask, and even get $100 more. Check out Gun Broker and search "Colt New Frontier". Then just check out the 3RD gen. guns. There's usually quite a few.
Since guns are sold/traded on the internet so much now, there isn't much of a geographical factor as there used to be, unless the gun isn't allowed in your particular state anymore. We get that a lot out here in Cubafornia.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Since guns are sold/traded on the internet so much now, there isn't much of a geographical factor as there used to be, unless the gun isn't allowed in your particular state anymore. We get that a lot out here in Cubafornia.
Same here in MA. Less available = more money.

I see quite a few New Frontiers staying for sale. Seems that not many are interested in adjustable sights on a Single Action. Well, I know I'm not.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
3rd Generation New Frontiers with 7.5" barrels can be slow movers. The shorter barreled guns are much more desireable and sell more quickly for more money. The .44 Special tends to be the most popular 7.5" caliber, followed by the .45 Colt, then the .44-40.

Around here, a 7.5" .45 Colt as you describe would be $1,000 retail if the seller actually wanted to sell it, and it would take a while at that. $900 would get it gone.

Check out Gunbroker - there have been several 7.5" .45s that have sat unsold there for some time.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I bought one same as yours about a year ago for $900.00 + shipping. Most of my guns are fixed sight guns but the New Frontier in 45 Colt out handles any adjustable sight single action I have made by any other manufacture.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
FWIW, the New Frontier 4.75" x .45 will bring +30-40% in the southwest; NIB, that is. Mileage varies..........GR

Absolutely. The shorter barreled guns bring a substantial premium. I had two 4 3/4" .45 3rd Gen New Frontiers and sold both of them in the last year. They easily sold for $1300+ apiece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts