Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a holster (vintage) that would have been used with the Colt New Police .32. The revolver I have was made in1905. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can go to get one.
Thanks - deaker

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am looking for a holster (vintage) that would have been used with the Colt New Police .32. The revolver I have was made in1905. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can go to get one.
Thanks - deaker
Ebay is a good source. Check the photos for what is marked on the belt strap on the back of the holster or ask the seller if there's no photo of the back. There are often 3 rows of numbers on old flap holsters: the first being the model (although it's difficult to unravel the code as different makers use different numbering), the second is the caliber and the third is the barrel length in inches.

So if you've got a 4" barrel 32 you'd be looking for something marked

????

For the age of your Colt you'd be looking for a flap holster with a brass stud that fits a hole in the flap rather than a double press stud.

You can pay $100 plus for a really nice example but if you're patient you can get a reasonable example in the $10 - $25 range. Longer barrel antique holsters (e.g. 7 1/2") and anything for the SAA attract serious money however.

Hope that helps

Good hunting!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might give this place a call: Museum Quality Gun Leather- vintagegunleather.com - California

These are the Real McCoy and therefore will not be inexpensive. I look at it this way. They are no longer made. I will only buy one for this revolver. I may not get another chance. I will long forget the price paid for the satisfaction and joy received.

I too am looking for a RH holster for a 1951 Colt Cobra 2" barrel, Long, or Standard D Frame w/round butt grip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.