Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all:
I recently purchased a Colt NS, .44-40 with a 7.5" barrel. The bore is perfect. The Cylinder is near perfect plus cylinder lockup is great too. It looks like the front sight has been changed to a brass bead sight. I don't believe the grips are correct.

My question is, who would you pick to do a restore on this revolver?

Thanks.
Gary

Wood Hardwood Metal Font Nickel

Plumbing fixture Fluid Wood Household hardware Tap

Brown Wood Door Wood stain Door handle

Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Wood stain

Font Publication Material property Cosmetics Tints and shades
Font Publication Material property Cosmetics Tints and shades

·
The Consummate Collector
8,016 Posts
Gary

I would not touch the gun as it is very collectible as it is. The letter shows that it was ordered by King Gun Sight Company, thus the King front sight. What is it about the grips that cause you to believe that they are incorrect?

Cam

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would not touch the gun as it is very collectible as it is. The letter shows that it was ordered by King Gun Sight Company, thus the King front sight. What is it about the grips that cause you to believe that they are incorrect?

Cam
I'll post pics. as soon as I figure out how to do so.

·
The Consummate Collector
8,016 Posts
OK, somewhat different than the King front sight. As mentioned someone in the past has added a marbles front sight by modifying the front sight to accept the Marbles sight. I think your best bet is to check around, e-bay, Gunbroker, Jack First, Gun Parts Corp (Numrich), and try and locate a used New Service .44-40 barrel. Any gunsmith that could restore the original front sight would then have to re-blue the barrel and then it would not match the gun. Just my opinion.

Cam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts